Childhood Memories: Dinosaucers
As promised, a brand new article, hot off the presses! And what is it about, may you ask? Why….dinosaurs of course. And not just any dinosaurs….Dinosaucers! *cue awesome theme song*
Top Childhood Cartoons
In honor of it being Saturday Morning, I’m gonna have to share this old FB note I made here, cuz it’s relevant. And Awesome. Cheers!
Here’s a list of my top favorite cartoons specifically from my childhood. That means I can’t and won’t be including stuff I’ve liked when I got older, like Spongebob, Avatar, Fullmetal Alchemist, Justice League Unlimited, etc. This is strictly cartoons I loved as a kid growing up in the 80s and 90s. So here goes.
1. X-Men: The Animated Series
2. Super Mario Bros. Super Show
2a. The Real Ghostbusters
3. Batman: The Animated Series
4. Captain N: The Gamemaster
5. Inspector Gadget
6. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
7. Garfield and Friends (though honestly, I was never a big fan of the “and Friends” parts)
8. David the Gnome
9. The Racoons
10. Count Duckula
11. The Littles
12. Care Bears (the ORIGINAL)
13. Tiny Toon Adventures
14. Duck Tales
15. Super Mario Bros. 3
16. Spider-Man: The Animated Series
19. Bots Master
23. Danger Mouse
25. Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats
26. Classic Looney Tunes Shorts (played on various stations)
27. Classic Disney Shorts (played on the Disney Channel back when it was good)
28. Scooby Doo (though even as a kid, I didn’t like Scrappy Doo)
29. Various other classic Hannah Barbera, MGM, etc. cartoon reruns (especially Droopy!)
30. The Tick
31. Eek the Cat
32. Marvel Action Hour (Iron Man and The Fantastic Four)
33. Rocko’s Modern Life
35. Paddington Bear (old stop motion shorts they used to play on Disney)
36. Tale Spin
37. Grimm’s Fairy Tale Classics (anime that played on Nickelodeon)
38. Alvin and the Chipmunks (back when they were GOOD)
39. The Smurfs (ditto)
40. The Peanuts (Charlie Brown and Snoopy) specials and movies
That’s about all. There were way more cartoons I watched at some point or another growing up. But those were the main ones. There were some that I liked as a kid, but looking back, not as much. Even Rocko’s Modern Life fits that description. Same for Ren & Stimpy and Beavis & Butthead. I really loved a cartoon called Denver: The Last Dinosaur when I was like 7 years old. I watched shit like Gummie Bears and Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers, they just weren’t my FAVORITE shows. Same with something like Rugrats, or Bobby’s World.
There were other shows that I actually just didn’t watch (or wasn’t allowed to), as a kid, such as Transformers, G.I. Joe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, etc. I never actually got to see Bucky O’Hare as a kid, though having watched it as an adult, I wish I had. Believe it or not I actually wacthed the Go-Bots some, and thought they were alright. Other obscure 80s cartoons like Glo-Worms and The Snorks and M.A.S.K.
Overall, it’s fair to say I loved animation. I still do, easily as much as I do regular film. And quite frankly, anyone who says “I’m too old for cartoons”, needs to get a life, or grow up, either way. If you’re “too old” to enjoy the magic of animation, in my estimation, something is wrong with you.
So there’s my list. Enjoy!